Welcome to another New Face Fridays interview where your favorite Twilight fansites interview the new vampire cast in Breaking Dawn Part 2! This week , we interviewed Joe Anderson who plays the solitary English nomad vampire whom is friends with Carlisle.
I absolutely adore Joe! I’m a huge fan of the Beatles and Joe played Max in Across The Universe (one of my favorite films). Here’s part of our interview with Joe!
How much did you know about Twilight before you auditioned or before you got the part?
Joe Anderson: I wasn’t living on Mars so I knew a lot about it. Friends of the family as well were a little younger than I am, young girls, and they were huge, huge fans so when they found out that I was going to have something to do with it, my street cred went through the roof. So there was a gathering and watching of films together and getting excited about it. I’d seen all of them (the movies) I think by the time I was shooting in Canada.
Does that mean you haven’t read any of them?
Joe: No, you know interestingly enough, no, I did pick around the books. The interesting thing with Alistair is that the way he is used in the film versus the books is slightly different. For me it was more about taking this rather aloof character and developing him. And as an outsider, you know I wasn’t part of the previous movies, so I sort of felt like I had a bit of room to kind of play with this guy because none of the other characters quite knew what to expect and what have you. So it was quite freeing – quite fun to sort of go in there and really sort of invent something.Read the rest of the interview at PageToPremiere!
Happiness is a Warm Gun with Salma Hayek
Beyond the Trailer was at the VIP Fandango party at Comic-Con Wednesday night and talked to the Jackson, Peter, Elizabeth about the new covens joining the cast and also talk to the new cast Janelle Froehlich (French Coven), Amadou Ly (Henri/French Coven), Marlene Barnes (Maggie/Irish Coven), Lisa Howard (Siobhan/Irish Coven), Joe Anderson (Alistair), Judi Shekoni (Zafrina) and Tracey Heggins (Senna).
Added more interviews with the Covens from Fandango!
The lone Japanese vampire Masami Kosaka, the Irish Coven, Maggie Grace (Irina/Denali Coven), Rami Malek (Benjamin/Egyptian Cove) and Angela Sarafyan (Tia/Egyptian Coven).
More videos after the break!0 Comments
“I hadn’t even arrived at the motel and already there was fan mail. They figured out where I was going to be — and I didn’t even know. But every one of those letters was so genuine and so sweet.”
The creepy stuff? That was saved for other actors. “A woman was standing outside the Sutton Place in Vancouver with a pair of scissors. She had flown from England to cut some of Robert Pattinson’s hair for a doll.”
On a scale of 1 to 5 felt wombs, that rates a solid 11.
But what of Alistair? Anderson took “a little bit of literary license with him” since the character is “aloof.”
“There’s not a lot of rehearsal. So before a scene with Kristen (Stewart) I had to gun up the character from the trailer to the stage. It’s the first time you see this guy come to life. But until you get the gear on, you’re not quite sure what he’s going to be.”4 Comments
Another Breaking Dawn vampire attended Comic-Con today! Joe Anderson (English nomad vampire Alistair) appeared at the screening of ABC’s series The River at Comic-Con on July 22nd.
See more at Zimbio!4 Comments
Check out The River stills and trailer with Joe Anderson (aka English nomadic vampire Allistair). The River looks pretty scary!
If you remember, Allistair in Breaking Dawn was Carlisle’s friend who kept to himself and stayed in the attic most of the time. Allistair agreed to be a witness for Renesmee, but left before the Volturi arrived.
See all the stills at Joe-Anderson.org!
via Vampire Club5 Comments
Breaking Dawn Casting News! The Amazon, Egyptian, Irish & Romanian Covens! The American & European Nomads!
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN — Casting Update
Summit Entertainment announced today the following have been cast in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN for roles in The Amazon Coven, The Egyptian Coven, The Irish Coven and The Romanian Coven as well as the American and European Nomads as outlined below.
THE AMAZON COVEN
· The Amazon Coven is comprised of Tracey Heggins as Senna and Judi Shekoni as Zafrina.
· Among the oldest vampires in the world, Senna and Zafrina are descendants of an ancient Amazonian tribe. They have lived outside of civilization for centuries and therefore make no attempt to keep up a human facade. Though they drink human blood, the Amazons have long been allies of Carlisle.
THE EGYPTIAN COVEN
· The Egyptian Coven is comprised of:
o Omar Metwally (RENDITION, MUNICH) as Amun.
o Andrea Gabriel (Lost, House) as Kebi.
o Rami Malek (NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM) as Benjamin.
o Angela Sarafyan (LOVE HURTS, THE GOOD GUYS) as Tia.
· The Egyptian Coven consists of Amun, Kebi, Benjamin, and Tia, with Amun as the leader. It is stated that even though they are not a biological family, they could pass for one. Amun is extremely protective of his family and fearful of Aro.
THE IRISH COVEN
· The Irish Coven is comprised of Marlane Barnes (THE TREE OF LIFE) as Maggie, Lisa Howard as Siobhan and Patrick Brennan as Liam.
· The Irish Coven, a relatively young group, was founded by Siobhan and Liam, but Maggie’s talent made her an important element of it. They are not vegetarian but they are civilized.
THE ROMANIAN COVEN
· The Romanian Coven is comprised of Noel Fisher (THE PACIFIC, FINAL DESTINATION 2) as Vladimir and Guri Weinberg (MUNICH) as Stefan.
· The Romanian Coven is one of the oldest covens in the world and they were the ruling vampire family until they were unseated by the Volturi. For that reason they harbor a centuries old resentment of the Italian coven.
THE AMERICAN NOMADS
· The American Nomads are comprised of:
o Lee Pace as Garrett (Pushing Daisies, THE GOOD SHEPHERD).
o Toni Trucks (MUSIC AND LYRICS) as Mary.
o Bill Tangradi (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Randall.
o Erik Odom as Peter.
o Valorie Curry (Veronica Mars) as Charlotte.
· Turned during the Revolutionary War, Garrett has chosen to live a nomadic existence, wandering the world on his own. Garrett has never lost the rebellious spirit of his human life, and loves a good fight, always rooting for the underdog. Though not a vegetarian, Garrett is among Carlisle’s closest and oldest friends.
· Mary and Randall are American nomadic vampires.
· Peter and Charlotte are nomadic vampires and mates. They were created during the aftermath of the Southern Vampire Wars, in which Jasper was a key player. They have remained friends with Jasper ever since.
THE EUROPEAN NOMADS
· The European Nomads are comprised of Joe Anderson (THE CRAZIES) as Alistair
· A nomadic vampire from England, Alistair has a misanthropic, brooding personality and a deep mistrust of all authority. Although he counts Carlisle as his closest acquaintance, he doesn’t visit more than once a century.