Breaking Dawn Wedding
Entertainment Weekly has a sneak peek still of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in the behind the scenes footage of the dream wedding in Breaking Dawn Part 1 extended edition!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY EVERYONE!!!
Check out two of the extras from Breaking Dawn Part 1 DVD Blu-ray of the behind the scenes footage of The Wedding and The Honeymoon. Love it!
I love watching the DVD extras. I really wish they had more blooper footage from all the Twilight Saga films. So cute at the end of the honeymoon one. :D37 Comments
Special wedding edition Barbie dolls of Bella and Edward will be available in February 2012.
They can be purchased from BarbieCollector.com for $29.95
I love the attention to detail on Bella’s dress and Edward’s suit! Although the Edward doll doesn’t look too happy about his wedding day. LOL
The most critical element with this movie is, of course, the wedding (*spoiler alert* though, ed note: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN IT TWICE ALREADY?), and this was misleading in the previews but there’s a dream sequence wedding and a real wedding. How did you delineate the two dresses from each other?
The script gave us a great opportunity to get inside Bella’s thoughts about the impending wedding. There’s a nightmare wedding and her perfect wedding. For the nightmare, we chose something that was a version of the dress that she would hate to wear. Something that’s uncomfortable and a dress Bella would be embarrassed in. It was stiff and had a boned bodice that showed a lot of bare skin which she’d be horrified by because she’s a bit of a tomboy.
There’s nothing very girly about her style so we had a huge, cumbersome, puffy skirt. We just tried to picture everything she’d find difficult to deal with and import that into a dress.
The real dress fit Bella like a second skin and I was really glad about how all that worked out. It reflects her simplicity and elegance. It’s not too girly, I thought it really hit the right note of having some vintage elements while working well for a modern woman.
That dress was stunning. I went to the midnight screening and it was an entire theater filled to the gills with girls sighing in unison. The lace panel in the back with hundreds of covered buttons, we all swooned.
That’s the great thing about Kristen, she has such an amazing physique so we thought the best thing to do was to show that. The dress really reveals curves and highlights each part of her shape but it’s all covered up and so we thought it was sexy but completely elegant.
There was such speculation for a long time about who would design that dress but it was Carolina Herrera all along, right?
Carolina had worked with Stephenie personally for events. And they’d struck up a friendship and dialogue so we talked to Carolina for the dress.
We finally have a detailed look at the gorgeous wedding dress that Bella wore during the wedding in Breaking Dawn Part 1, with some new facts along with high-resolution photos that show off the detail of the stunning Carolina Herrera wedding gown!
Bella Wedding Dress Top 10 Facts
- Carolina Herrera designed the dress exclusively for Breaking Dawn Part 1 based on input from Twilight author Stephenie Meyer and Breaking Dawn director Bill Condon. They chose from ten sketches that Carolina Herrera created.
- The dress was made by hand by Ms.Herrera and four seamstresses, and took a total of six months to complete.
- The dress was custom fit precisely for Kristen Stewart, who plays plays Bella Swan / Cullen in the movie.
- The dress was created from crepe satin and French Chantilly lace.
- 152 buttons line the back of the dress.
- There are 17 buttons on each sleeve.
- Herrera designed the back to be a surprise, considering it romantic. When it is revealed in the film it makes for a dramatic reveal, I’d say!
- The dress will be in Carolina Herrera’s 2012 collection and available at CHNY boutiques. Time for that trip to New York City!
- The estimated value of the dress is a whopping $35,000.
- Alfred Angelo will be selling replicas of the dress starting at $799 if you want the look for less for your wedding. Big spenders could even get one to be the belle of the ball for a Twilight Convention!
Bella Wedding Gown Pictures